Crystals for Anxiety
Healing crystals can be used to assist with pretty much anything you can think of. In this post I will be writing about using crystals for anxiety. Anxiety is a terrible condition that effects a very large amount of people. Part of what makes it so hard to live with is that it is invisible to most other people. Many have very little or no understanding of this condition. It can literally prevent you from doing things most people take for granted.
From the Anxiety and Depression Association of America:
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
- People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
According to the Healthline website common symptoms of anxiety are:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid heart rate
- Rapid breathing, or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness and lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Digestive or gastrointestinal problems, such as gas, constipation, or diarrhoea
- A strong desire to avoid the things that trigger your anxiety
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Performing certain behaviours over and over again
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, especially indicative of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How Crystals Can Help
The good news is there are ways to overcome anxiety. It's not easy and takes a lot of work but is possible. Certain healing crystals can relieve the symptoms. They will help you to see the reality of the situation from a more rational place. This allows you to take control of the situation and feel much calmer. Healing crystals work best with ongoing work to resolve the underlying issues causing the anxiety. It is also great for breaking the negative cycle of becoming anxious over the thought of your anxiety kicking in.
The incredible thing about healing crystals is they can be used alongside any other medication and/or treatment. There is also the bonus of no unwanted side effects.
Crystals for Anxiety
This is a stone of transition. It assists with releasing behavioural patterns to gently allow new ones to come in. It is a very soothing crystal bringing balance and calm.
As anxiety is your fight flight mechanism being activated, fear is central to your symptoms. Black tourmaline dissolves fear and worry when feeling overwhelmed. This crystal is also great for digestive problems which can be another symptom of anxiety.
Reduces the pain and tension which often comes with anxiety.
Often anxiety encourages you to only see the worst possible scenarios in situations. It is also common to experience feelings of dread and panic. Sodalite clears these negative feelings. Sodalite also works with the throat chakra helping you to express yourself in difficult situations more clearly.
When you are living in fear and all you can see is negative situations you begin to doubt yourself and your ability to get through this very quickly. Citrine helps you to overcome anxiety by strengthening self-belief. It is also the stone of abundance assisting you to manifest yourself a healthier you.
This is a stone of love; soothing and calming. Self-love and learning to be compassionate towards yourself is key to overcoming anxiety.